At 32m diameter, 35m above sea level and with 24 carriages each seating up to 6 passengers, with one especially designed accessible gondola and VIP carriage. As well as a classically styled, state of the art lighting system.
The Solent Wheel is a major new tourist attraction, located at Clarence Pier, Southsea. It offers breath taking views of the Solent the IOW and beyond, located at the gateway to Portsmouth harbour, it is the ideal place to relax and watch the ever changing views and water and land based events .
This landmark attraction has been manufactured in Italy by world class ride and attractions company, Technical Park at a cost of £750,000.
Discover our Prices
All tickets are non refundable.
Children (4 - 16 yrs)£4.00
Toddler (1 - 3 yrs)£2.00
Infants (under 1 yrs)Free
Accessible carriage (includes carer)£6.00
Ultimate VIP gondola experience (4 people max, includes a free glass of fizz for over 18s)£40.00
Vip tickets are only valid for the date and time booked, and must be redeemed at this time.
Non alcoholic options available.
Photo Proof of age required.
NB. The wheel is not included in the wristband offer, tokens accepted.
Easter to October 2016
Weekends and school holidays Mon to Sun 11am to 9pm
Term time Mon to Friday 11am to 6pm
Height and Passenger Restrictions
For your safety and enjoyment, please read the following
- Children Under 120cm must be accompanied by a responsible adult, over 18.
- If in the gondola there are only children under the age of 14 years old, under (160cm) it is strongly recommended that the presence of at least one responsible adult is accompanying them.
- No sky larking.
- Smoking is prohibited in all gondolas including the VIP carriage.
- No food or drinks are permitted inside the gondolas.
- No animals or pets, are permitted.
- No umberellas, sticks, bulky or sharp items or which can, in any case, become blunt objects and constitute a hazard are to be taken on the ride.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol/drugs are not permitted on the ride.
- Pregnant women are prohibited.
- Persons suffering from heart diseases or in a precarious state of health or who have recently undergone surgery are prohibited from riding.
- Persons with such physical and/or mental disability that they cannot be safely secured inside the carriage are prohibited from riding.
- People whose size does not allow a correct and comfortable use of the safety devices.